Here we go, another year nearly over so it’s time to grab a cuppa and let’s have a chat about 2015.
It’s been an interesting year and there’s certainly some things I couldn’t have predicted happening. Last year when I wrote one of these posts it became a bit of an essay. This time I want to try a new direction and see if I can condense what happened in 2015 to 15 highlights. Let’s keep it positive; yes there’s low moments for everyone but I’m certainly not dwelling on them. So without further ado, here’s 15 things from 2015 (not necessarily in order of importance or occurrence within the year):
1. I bought a car and it’s the best purchase I’ve made all year. Definitely. I recommend test-driving everything you’re considering to help you decide; not only do you get to see what you think of the car, it’s fun!
2. I left my old job and started a new challenge – now over 3 months in, it’s been a brilliant decision and I’m so pleased I took the opportunity.
3. Early 2015 saw the end to a 2 year relationship. Whilst that might seem a negative thing to include, don’t take it that way. Sometimes things don’t work out and I’m happy now.
4. In August, I spent more time in Edinburgh than I did at work – yes really. A trip up for the zoo, then a trip with my sister, then back for the International Television Festival and Fringe. I’ve since been back again.. I love Edinburgh!
5. I drank
6. The All Saints leather jacket I’ve wanted for so long is finally mine and it’s basically my favourite thing in my wardrobe. Thanks Mam and Dad!
7. On multiple occasions I have sang the entirety of Taylor Swift’s 1989 (and more recently, Coldplay’s A Head Full Of Dreams) whilst driving home in the dark.
8. I ate alone in Wagamama in Reading whilst working away (also had my first Five Guys experience – those cajun fries though!) and have since been to the cinema alone. I’ve even had a spa afternoon alone. Go me! #strongindependentwoman
9. I ran my first 10k and beat my target time, a 5k colour run which left me looking like a rainbow, leg pressed more than double my weight and went spinning almost every week. Next year I’ll master pull ups…maybe! I went for a early morning run when I was working away in Brighton earlier this year, watching the sunrise and feeling the cool sea breeze on my face was a great way to wake up!
10. I saw AC/DC and Foo Fighters live, both were great! Foos were just as impressive as I expected, opening their set with Everlong and they even played But Honestly. I’ll definitely see them again, given the chance!
11. Hello Freckles had its 2 blog birthday in April! To celebrate my sister baked this amazing cake with rosewater petal icing. The Birthday cake she made me was pretty special too, tasted like a cherry bakewell and again had petal icing, mmm.
12. I was shortlisted for Best Lifestyle Blog in the NE Blogger Awards – a great achievement after I won last year too! I also helped my sister, Lucy, create her blog; Baking Without – have a look and give her a follow!
13. Spending time with family (whilst it can be tricky working around schedules) really does become more important the older you get and you should make time for them. This year I also realised I was more excited to give family Christmas presents than receive them.
14. It’s been a year of new things and experiences; my first barre class, climbing, trying new restaurants, tasting different food (always wanted to try lobster – now had it a handful of times and love it) making new friends (hey Sarah) going on dates (eek) new perfume/makeup/clothes and trying to incorporate some different content/outfit locations here on Hello Freckles – something I definitely want to continue next year.
15. Whilst I didn’t have any big achievements like last year: graduation, passing my driving test or winning an award, I’m really proud of everything I have achieved, the opportunities I’ve taken and I’m excited to see what 2016 brings. Everything from spa days, to taking my Mam for Afternoon Tea, to realising I quite like musicals (after seeing Wicked and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) whether they’ve been a perk through blogging, or something I’ve arranged myself, I’ve tried to make the most of it all. Like I said in last year’s post, you really can do anything you want just believe you can and work hard!
What were your highlights this year?
This is such a lovely & positive post! Really picked me up this morning 🙂
Good luck for 2016!
♦The Jewel Beauty Blog♦ || Would love you to stop by! ツ
Aw thanks India! I didn't want it to be a negative look back on the year and actually writing things down makes you realise what you've achieved! Hope you have a wonderful 2016!
Wow you had some year! Congrats on beating your 10k time, I hope to be able to run 10k by May and do the run for Breast Cancer Awareness 🙂
I wish you all the best in the new year!
Good luck with the run Michelle, you'll be great!
I think you've acheieved a lot in the last year, things to look back on and be happy about, sounds like an awesome year 🙂
Dana || fashion-dew.blogspot.com
Yeah it's been a good 'un. Hope you had a good year Dana x
Ohhhh yeahhh Tasha! Looking forward to taking more outfit posts, eating a ridiculous amount of food, drooling over Bieber and spending hours looking at clothes and make-up – here's to 2016! <3
Haha yup, sounds about right! x
This is such a lovely post to read! It sounds like you've had a great year. I'm definitely going to have to try those Five Guys fries now though! I went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour this year, which was so amazing and also left my old job. Scary but here's to enjoying something new! Hope you have a great 2016!
Laura x FloraLooTwo
Ooooh I really wanna go to the Harry Potter Studios. Yeah it's one of those moments where you wonder if you're doing the right thing, but things fall into place. Thank you, hope you do too!
This is a lovely read – so positive! I love it!
You've had a fantastic 2015! Here's to 2016!
Happy New Year!
Lost In Lipstick
Thanks Rachel, really appreciate it!
Fab and positive post! You may not of 'achieved' much, but you've probably found yourself and become more happy and balanced. That's a great thing to have done/be doing. 🙂
Yeah definitely, Caroline. Thank you x
This is such a good post! You personally may feel you have not achieved that much, but you have definitely achieved a lot more than some people! Good luck for 2016:)
Thanks Josh! x
Happy New Year! Sounds like you have had such a great 2015 and I'm sure 2016 will be even better. It's really inspiring to hear how much you've learnt in one year. I've done a few new years resolutions: https://t.co/TNnvKnLcGS and I hope I learn as much as you have. Well done with all the running too – go you! x
Happy New Year love!
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I'll check out your resolutions – just popped mine up today. x
oakley sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online
coach factory outlet
true religion sale
true religion outlet
cheap jordan shoes
marc jacobs handbags
kate spade handbags
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton purses
louis vuitton bags
ray ban sunglasses discount
michael kors outlet
beats by dr dre
coach factory outlet