• Red Lippy Project

red lippy project x topshop lipstick

Today I want to talk about something that perhaps isn’t brought up very often. Ladies, it’s important!

This week, 8th-14th June is Cervical Cancer Screening Awareness Week and The Red Lippy Project, a charity dedicated to raising awareness has collaborated with Topshop to launch a limited edition red lipstick. The lipstick is available in stores nationwide (if they stock the makeup collection already) and online. At £8, it’s the same price as all their other lipsticks but 30% of the money raised through sales will be donated to The Red Lippy Project, so what are you waiting for? There’s also a red lippy project make up bag, but I’ve not yet spotted it in my local stores or on their website. Keep an eye out for it though, I’m sure it’ll be there!

Cervical Cancer is the most common cancer in women under 35.  If you’re 25 or over, I cannot express how important it is to go to a screening. As I’m 21, I’m four years too young to go along to my GP and ask for a screening, but if I could, I would. Those of you in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can go along and get a smear test from the age of 20, so it makes me wonder why this isn’t the same in England? I know this isn’t a topic I usually address on here but it’s important and we can all help raise awareness and it really will make such a difference. It’s so easy to get involved and #makeamark.

The Red Lippy Project are encouraging women (and men, I don’t see why you can’t get involved too if you like) to post a red lippy selfie on facebook/twitter/instagram and tag them @redlippyproject and use the hashtags #redlippyproject #makeamark

You can also donate by texting RLIP14 £2 to 70070 or make an online donation. There’s details on their website www.redlippyproject.com and you can also find out more about the charity, cervical cancer and screenings there too.

Find out more about The Red Lippy Project and cervical cancer on their website and I look forward to seeing your red lippy selfies on instagram/twitter! Here’s one of mine below, with the limited edition lipstick, it’s a really smooth formula and the shade will suit a range of skin tones.

You can follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
  • You may also like

12 Comments

• Reply Rebecca Carvell June 11, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Definitely going to donate and do a red lippy selfie, I wish they would lower the age for cervical cancer screening xx

• Reply tasha June 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Ah great! I'll have to look out for your selfie. I know, it seems odd that in Wales, Scotland and Northern Island the age is 20 whereas in England it's 25…

Thanks for commenting Rebecca x

• Reply Frankie CH June 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm

A great cause, and you do raise an important issue there. Lovely post and the lipstick really suits you 🙂

Frankie x
    Crazyblondegal

• Reply tasha June 11, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Thanks Frankie, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really like the lipstick, red is such a classic colour x

• Reply Becky Peacock June 11, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for helping create awareness! I'm not sure I would have known about this other than your post!
    Becky aka Gwenayfer

• Reply tasha June 11, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Becky, I'm glad you're now aware! x

• Reply Kelly McKenny June 11, 2014 at 7:30 pm

It's a lovely lipstick, and a great cause! Good work raising awareness 🙂

• Reply tasha June 11, 2014 at 8:25 pm

It really is, it's a lovely formula too – really glides on.

• Reply Katherine Allanach June 11, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Oh wooow, this is an insane colour! Reds are my absolute favourite & such a good cause too! Definitely buying this it's so beautiful!x
    Katherine Rosie | UK Beauty Blog

• Reply tasha June 11, 2014 at 8:26 pm

It's so lovely! I don't have any true red shades like this! Hope you pick one up in your local Topshop 🙂 x

• Reply Charlotte Chadderton June 15, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Fab post and this is a great way to raise awareness, and I love the red of this lipstick too,
    I hate the thought of cervical screening but I had my first this year, its not nice but it saves lives and I wouldn't not have one,
    I think I will have to add this lipstick to my collection – after all its going to a good cause.

x x x

• Reply tasha June 15, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Thanks Charlotte. Yeah I've heard they're not pleasant, but I'd rather have an uncomfortable few minutes and put my mind at ease, y'know.

You should, it's a lovely formula and you can totally justify buying it! xx